If you want to travel to Thailand and stay within the country for more than 30 days you need to apply for a Thai tourist visa. If you obtain this Thai visa it allows you to enter the country for holiday and travel purposes and it does not grant you the right to work in Thailand. If you want to visit Thailand for business purposes, like opening a company or getting a job with a Thai employer, you need a business (non-immigrant) visa. Our company formation specialists in Thailand can provide assistance in applying for a tourist visa.
Table of Contents
How to apply for a Thai tourist visa?
When applying for a tourist visa in Thailand, you need to provide the local authorities with several documents and pay visa fees. These are the required documents for a Thai tourist visa:
• A passport with a validity of at least six months – it has to contain at least one blank visa page;
• The tourist visa application – filled in and signed;
• A recent passport photo of the applicant – 4 by 6 centimeters;
• A round trip plane ticket – I has to be fully paid by the applicant for a Thai tourist visa;
• Proof of financial means – a minimum amount of THB 20,000 (approximately 520 dollars) for each applicant. In order to prove your financial means you can either present the immigration authorities with cash or with a bank account balance;
• A visa fee – 30 dollar for each entry;
• Itinerary details – if you apply for a double or triple enter Thai tourist visa.
The visa application must be submitted with a Thai embassy or consulate in your country. Note that consular officers may request additional documents when you apply for a Thai tourist visa. Our company incorporation experts in Thailand are here to guide you in this matter.
What is a Thai tourist visa?
This is a document or a stamp you need in order to enter Thailand legally and stay for a period of time for the purpose of tourism. You receive the tourist visa stamp upon arrival in Thailand or within your home country at a Thai embassy or consulate. The tourist visa for Thailand has a validity of 3 to 6 months, depending on the number of entries you make across the land border. There is a possibility to extend the Thai tourist visa if the situation requires for it. Certain countries have signed agreements with the Thai authorities for a visa exemption for their citizens whenever they want to enter Thailand as tourists.
If you have questions about the tourist visa exemptions or about company registration in Thailand, please get in touch with our company formation agents in Thailand.